Looking for ways to prepare your child for school? This set of 32 pre-writing cards are a wonderful way to get your child practising the key strokes needed to start forming the letters of the alphabet! This packet also includes 8 hands-on activity ideas to use with the cards!
- “Pre-writing skills” page outlining the key strokes children from ages 2 to 5 must master before starting to write the letters of the alphabet
- 8 hands-on activity ideas for using with pre-writing cards (including writing in sand, shaving cream and with chalk on the pavement).
- A set of 32 pre-writing cards to be used individually or bound into a booklet
These cards will give your child the head start they need to become successful writers at school!
Simply print off and laminate the cards. Your little learners may use them as a guide to copy the patterns in a tray of sand or salt or you might put them together on a ring and your little learners can write directly onto the cards with an erasable marker or trace the lines with their fingers.
“Love these cards. Use them for salt trays, shaving cream and even dry erase! Excellent for my preschoolers!”
Before your child can begin to copy or form the letters of the alphabet, they must be able to complete 8 pre-writing strokes, all of which are included in this packet. Once your child reaches 5 years of age, they should be able to confidently copy the ‘x’ shape and then they’re ready to start writing!
Other school readiness resources:
- Preschool Sorting Skills – Cut and Paste Packet
- Colour Puzzles
- Alphabet Writing Worksheets
- Number Writing Worksheets
Happy playful learning!