Explore our place in space with this engaging mini-unit designed with Australian Prep and Foundation students in mind! Over 6 mini lessons, your little learners will explore where their school is in terms of their street/road, suburb, state, country and planet.
Your little learners will LOVE exploring their place in space with these hands-on activities and printables! The unit has been planned over 6 lessons, all detailed with resources to match and suggested assessment tasks! All the hard work has been done for you!
What’s included in the unit?
- Possible unit outline with a suggested 6 lesson sequence + assessment tasks
- “What does your house look like?” printable with space to draw and write
- “What can you see on our road?” printable with spaces to draw and write
- “Tally the transport that passes you on the road” numeracy activity
- “Colour the things you might see in our neighbourhood” printable
- “My favourite place” drawing and writing activity
- “Our favourite places” class book cover with matching printable sheets for students to fill in
- Australian States and Territories posters to be used for a lesson on exploring your State (lesson plans included on unit outline).
- Australian States and Territories posters for a Write-the-room activity + matching printable for students to fill in.
- Earth craft activity
- “Our place in space” assessment task
- Editable Place posters in POWERPOINT form + completed PDF posters for Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and Earth.
“Love ALL the resources you create Casey!!! They make things fun and interesting. Love how you always have a “hands on” element. Thank you.” – Kerry Ann
– Introduction + Our Homes
– Our School
– Our Suburb
– Our State
– Our Country
– Our Planet
Please note that some lessons may require some resource development on your part (for example, putting together a slideshow of images relevant to your state).
You will receive a PDF document of all your resources as well as an editable POWERPOINT file to create your own Place Posters. I have included posters featuring beautiful photographs for Brisbane city, Queensland, Australia and Earth at the end of the PDF resource, just in case you’re a Brisbane local like myself!
“Thank you. I will be using your posters as anchor charts for my geography unit. I especially love they are relevant to our local area! Well designed. Easy to read and a great visual for all learners.”- Jenny
Happy playful learning!
Please note that this is a DIGITAL product and that no physical product will be delivered. You will be able to download the PDF and POWERPOINT file at any time by logging into your account after purchase.