Do your little learners love to engage in imaginative play? They will love this Pizza Shop Dramatic Play center! It includes everything you need to set up an engaging space in your dramatic play area!
Imaginative Play is a great way to develop oral language skills, cooperation, content vocabulary and social skills in your early childhood classroom! Inside this packet, you’ll find posters, labels, printable fill-in order forms and more!
- Setting up for play inspiration
- Suggested materials to collect
- Instructions for making your own pizza oven
- Pizza Shop bunting
- Open and Closed signs
- ‘Welcome to the Pizza Shop’ sign
- ‘Opening Times’ sign
- ‘Worker of the Month’ signs (boy and girl versions)
- Toppings labels (tomato, pineapple, broccoli, mushroom, cheese, onion, capsicum/peppers, black olives, ham, pepperoni)
- Signs for menus and placing your order
- 20 small vocabulary labels (aprons, pizza sauce, pizza pans, pizza oven etc)
- 3 seasoning labels (Oregano, Parmesan and Pepper Flakes)
- Price lists for sides (pasta, salad, garlic bread and drinks) and pizza sizes (1 piece, 2 pieces, 3 pieces, whole pizza)
- ‘Pick your toppings’ label with matching topping labels so you can customise your own menu
- A4 sized menus that can be printed double sided and then folded in half
- Matching menus in full A4 size that can be placed into plastic sleeves or onto a clipboard once laminated
- Pizza punch cards
- 2 types of Pizza Shop role cards (cashier, pizza chef and customer)
- Order number cards (numbers 1 to 9)
- 3 different customer order form black line masters
- Customer receipt black line master
- Pizza shop vocabulary mat
Your little learners will develop early reading and writing skills as they play in the Pizza Shop! They will begin to recognise familiar words such as the different toppings and pizza specific vocabulary as they become familiar with the labels.
Collect unused pizza boxes from your local pizza shop for your little learners to use in their play! You may even like to have your little learners help to create pizza bases from cardboard and toppings with materials and supplies from your art cupboard!
This packet includes a list of suggested materials and set up ideas so all you need to do is print and go – the hard work has been done for you!
Click here to see my other Dramatic Play sets!
Please note, you will find the word Capsicum and Peppers included throughout the packet to suit the vocabulary of your own little learners (based on whether they are Australian or American).
Happy playful learning!
There are no reviews yet.