Do your little learners love imaginative play? Then they will love this Pet Shop Dramatic Play set! It includes everything you need to set up an engaging space in your dramatic play area!
Imaginative Play is a great way to develop oral language skills, cooperation, content vocabulary and social skills in your early childhood classroom! Inside this packet, you’ll find posters, labels, printable fill-in forms and more!
- Setting up for play inspiration
- Suggested materials to collect
- Pet Shop bunting
- Open and Closed signs
- ‘Welcome to the Pet Shop’ sign
- ‘Opening hours’ sign
- ‘Pay here’ sign
- ‘Adoption papers’ sign
- ‘Pets for SALE’ sign
- ‘Collars for sale’ sign
- ‘Groomer’ sign
- ‘Meet your groomer’ sign with space to attach a photo
- Advertising signs for Groomer
- Pet food labels
- Pet labels (dog, cat, turtle, bird, lizard, snake, hamster, fish, rabbit, insect, spider, hermit crab, mouse, rat, frog, guinea pig).
- Product labels (for example – toys, bowls, collars, treats, beds, aquarium, carrier etc)
- Grooming labels (shampoo, towel, soap, sponge, litter box, hairdryer, brush etc)
- ‘For Sale’ signs for children to fill in with pet name, type, interests and price
- Adoption Certificates (colour and black+white)
- Today’s Specials’ sign with 8 specials that can be attached
- ‘How to wash a dog’ sign for groomer
- Price list sign
- Pet price tags with space for children to write prices
- Blank tag templates for decorating
- Blank bone templates for cutting from cardboard
- Grooming punch cards
- Job tags (Cashier, Groomer, Customer)
- Pet shop receipt
- ‘Registration Paper’ form
- ‘Grooming Form’
- Pet Shop vocabulary mat
Your little learners will develop early reading and writing skills as they play in the Pet Shop! They will begin to recognise familiar words and extend their vocabulary as they become familiar with the labels.
This Pet Shop set is also a wonderful way to support a unit on animals and living things! Your little learners can learn about the needs of their pets as they care for them in the pet shop. They can also develop early measurement concepts as they role play with money!
Inside, you’ll find a list of suggested materials and set up ideas so all you need to do is print and go – the hard work has been done for you!
All packets include US and AUS spelling variations if applicable.