Looking for a fun, hands-on ways to help your preschoolers learn to recognise and write their name? This set of 17 Name Practice Task Cards is perfect for hands-on learning. Simply print them off, laminate and collect some sensory materials to use the cards with!
These task cards are perfect for using both at home for school readiness and in the classroom for literacy centres especially during the first week of Prep or Foundation!
So what’s included?
- 17 hands on activities for working on name recognition, name writing and name spelling.
- Activities will help your little learner build, spell and eventually write their name.
- Sized at 2 to an A4 page making the cards the perfect size for small groups or individual use.
- Each card features a photograph of the activity, allowing your little learners to be independent and successful while working on learning their name!
When starting name learning activities with your little learner, start with activities to help them recognise their name. You can do this by labelling alllll the things. Next, move onto activities to help your little learner build or spell your name – activities like name puzzles and using manipulatives to build their name are great for this! Finally, your little learner can pick up a pencil and begin writing their name with various tools like pencils, paint brushes and their finger!
Inside these Name Practice Task Cards, you’ll find activities for both name building and spelling as well as name writing so you’ll be able to progress through each of the stages mentioned above!
These activities are included on the task cards:
- Writing in shaving cream
- Play dough building
- Dot stampers
- Magnetic letters
- Play dough stamping
- Salt tray
- Kinetic sand
- Rainbow writing
- Alphabet stamps
You might like these school readiness resources:
- Pre-writing Task Cards
- School Readiness Writing Pack
- Monster Truck Alphabet and Number Pack
- Preschool Cut and Paste activities
Happy playful learning!