Teach your Prep and Kindergarten students about the chemistry strand of materials and their properties with this science unit! Explore the different materials that familiar objects are made of through hands-on explorations and complimentary printables.
This packet includes 66 pages of suggested activities and matching black line masters. You will also find a variety of vocabulary posters, experiments, hands-on activities and lesson ideas to compliment your science movement unit!
- Investigation table inspiration with matching vocabulary cards and posters
- Activities for identifying and sorting materials (pocket dice game, hula hoop sorting and exploring their favourite toys) + matching black line masters
- Vocabulary cards for property words (such as bright, bendy, small, opaque etc)
- Activities for exploring the properties that objects are made of (including a touch and feel partner game) + matching black line masters)
- Assessment task using the inquiry question – Can you design a shelter for our new pet?
- Activities to help students explore and answer the inquiry question (waterproof, strength and comfort ideas) with matching black line masters
The inquiry question “What is it made of?” will provide a wonderful basis for your science lessons. The assessment task at the end of the unit requires your little learners to design a shelter for a pet. This will provide an opportunity for your little learners to display their understanding of the key scientific concepts explored within the unit!
While I design my resources with Australian Curriculum in mind, I include alternative US spelling too.
Happy playful learning!