Dramatic Play and play-based learning is a great way for your preschool and kindergarten students to develop oral language skills, cooperation, content vocabulary and social skills.
Use this packet to set up an inviting Library Dramatic Play space in your imaginative play area. To save you time preparing signs, labels and printables for your imaginative play area, I’ve created a bunch ready for you to print, laminate and display. All you need to do is add some props!
Included in this packet:
- List of resources to collect
- ‘Library’ bunting
- 2 x ‘Welcome to the Library’ signs
- 2 x small ‘Welcome to the Library signs
- ‘Yes we are open’ and ‘Sorry we are closed’ signs
- 2 x ‘Opening Hours’ signs including one blank
- ‘Meet Your Librarian’ signs
- ‘Meet your Read Aloud Teacher’ signs
- Various signs for library cards, research area, computer laboratory, study room, toy hire, book club, front desk, office, book drops, baskets.
- Large signs for borrowing categories (computers, movie rentals, books, games & puzzles)
- Large signs for book categories (dinosaurs, space, animals, fairytales, transport, ocean, people, on the farm)
- Small vocabulary labels (computer, library cards, returns, on-hold, forms, shelf, nonfiction, fiction, picture books, magazines and newspapers, toys, board games, puzzles, movies).
- Nonfiction, Fiction and Picture Book labels to attach to your books with contact\
- Nonfiction, Fiction and Picture Book explanatory poster
- ‘Quiet in the Library’ sign
- ‘How to Borrow a Book’ sign
- ‘Return Checklist’ sign
- Library role cards to add to lanyards or badges (librarian, read aloud teacher, computer teacher, visitor)
- ‘Borrowing Records’ book cover with printable pages for your librarian to fill in
- Application form, checkout lists, book review form, computer use form, library receipt printables
- Library Card printables – with and without pictures of faces
All labels and signs include both AUS and US spelling and vocabulary where applicable.
Your little learners will love extending their vocabulary as they role-play in your Library Dramatic Play Center. As they play, they’ll be developing their oral language skills, their vocabulary and how to problem solve as they play with their peers.
They’ll develop fine motor skills as they fill in the various customer and librarian forms. Your preschoolers and kindergarten students will begin to recognise familiar words and extend their vocabulary as they engage with the signs and labels. The printables at the end of the pack are perfect for encouraging pre-writers and early writers to have a go!
There are so many opportunities for play-based learning with this pack of 45 pages of dramatic play fun ready to transform your Library Dramatic Play Center!
Inside the packet, you’ll find a list of suggested materials so all you need to do is print and go – the hard work has been done for you.
Love this resource? Check out our Dramatic Play bundles below!
👉🏻 Dramatic Play Bundle 1
👉🏻 Dramatic Play Bundle 2
👉🏻 Dramatic Play Bundle 2
✨ We love seeing how you use our resources! Don’t forget to tag us at @littlelifelonglearners over on Instagram! ✨
Copyright © Little Lifelong Learners® PTY LTD
Please note our resources are all digital downloads which means you’ll get instant access after you checkout – HOORAY! 🎉 After completing your purchase, jump on over to your account to access all your printables!
Charlize Fossum –