Do your little learners love to engage in imaginative play? Then they will love this Farmer’s Market Dramatic Play centre! It includes everything you need to set up an engaging space in your dramatic play area!
Imaginative Play is a great way to develop oral language skills, cooperation, content vocabulary and social skills in your early childhood classroom! Inside this packet, you’ll find posters, labels, printable fill-in forms and more!
- Setting up for play inspiration
- Suggested materials to collect
- ‘Market’ and ‘Fruit & Veg’ bunting
- Open and Closed signs
- ‘Welcome to the Farmer’s Market’ sign – two versions
- ‘Welcome to the Fruit and Veg Shop’ sign – two variations
- ‘Opening Times’ sign
- 2 ‘Worker of the Week’ signs
- 8 fruit labels (apples, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, oranges, watermelon, pineapple, grapes)
- 8 vegetable labels (lettuce, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, corn, potatoes, cauliflower, mushrooms)
- Eggs, Milk, Bread and Flowers labels
- General ‘Fruit’ and ‘Vegetable’ labels for early learners
- Bonus labels ( lemons, capsicums/peppers, eggplants, pears) with spare labels
- Labels for props (scales, gloves, bags, baskets, punnets, hats, shopping cart, cash register)
- Signs for supporting local farmers, farm fresh eggs, breakfast basics, fresh dairy milk, strawberry punnets.
- ‘Today’s Specials’ and ‘Today’s Special’ signs to attach specials to or for students to write themselves
- Set of 10 daily specials to be attached to the sign above (see preview for more information)
- ‘Fresh Produce’ sign
- 2 types of Farmer’s Market role cards (cashier, farmer, customer)
- 2 types of printable shopping lists (6 fruits and vegetables OR 12 fruits and vegetables) also with space for writing student names
- Customer receipt black line masters (two versions)
- Farmer’s Market vocabulary mat
Your little learners will develop early reading and writing skills as they play in the Farmer’s Market! They will begin to recognise familiar words and extend their vocabulary as they become familiar with the labels.
This Farmer’s Market Dramatic Play set is also a wonderful way to support a unit on Healthy Eating and Healthy Choices! Your little learners can learn about healthy foods through hands-on play experiences while connecting these experiences to their real lives at home!
Inside, you’ll find a list of suggested materials and set up ideas so all you need to do is print and go – the hard work has been done for you!
Please note that all of my packets include US and AUS spelling variations if applicable.