Set up an inviting Doctor’s Surgery or Hospital with these fun printables! Featuring signs, labels, patient forms, x-rays and more, your preschool children will love engaging in imaginative role-play inside their Doctor Dramatic Play space!
Imaginative Play is a great way to develop oral language skills, cooperation, content vocabulary and social skills in your early childhood classroom! Inside this packet, you’ll find posters, labels, printable fill-in forms and more!
- Several pages of play set up inspiration
- Suggested materials to collect
- ‘Doctor’ and ‘Hospital’ bunting
- ‘Welcome to the Doctor’s Surgery’ sign
- ‘Welcome to the Hospital’ sign
- Open and Closed signs
- ‘Opening Hours’ sign – filled in and blank
- ‘Your Doctor’ and ‘Today’s Doctors’ signs
- ‘Meet your Surgeon’ sign
- Reception, Medicine, Referrals, X-Rays, Eye Chart, Medical Records, What’s Your Weight, Height Chart and Hearing Tests labels
- Signs for different spaces (Waiting Room, Doctor’s Office, Hospital, Ambulance, Radiology, Operating Room, Emergency, Casting Room, Baby Nursery, Pharmacy)
- ‘Please wash your hands’ sign
- ‘Doctor’s Toolkit’ label to create your own doctor kit
- Small rectangular labels for equipment (such as stethoscopes, otoscopes, measuring cups, bandaids, ID bracelets, gloves etc)
- Large rectangular labels for basic equipment (themometers, stethoscopes, syringes, bandaids and bandages, other medical equipment)
- Medicine Labels to attach to recycled bottles
- Large eye chart printable
- Printable scales in KG and LBs
- 5 printable x-ray photos to be used on a light table or for display (chest, foot, skull, pelvis, knee)
- Job Tags – Doctor, Nurse, Receptionist, Pharmacist, Patient, Technician, Surgeon, Paediatrician / Pediatrician
- Coloured checklist which can be laminated and used with whiteboard markers
- ‘Appointment Book’ cover with matching printables for patient bookings
- ‘Patient Record’ labels to attach to manilla folders for individual patients
- ‘Patient Detail’ and ‘Patient Record’ forms
- Prescription, Referral and Receipt printables (four to a page to save ink)
- Vocabulary mat to encourage early writing
“Love the the Doctor’s office dramatic play set, everything turned out perfect and we started making our doctor’s office. The kids are so excited for it to finally be finished. So easy to use and print everything out. Thank you!”
As you can see, there is a lot included!! You may choose to use all of the printables or you may select just a few. You might even like to encourage your Little Learners to help create additional items for your clinic depending on their age!
As your students play and imagine, they will be building fantastic content-specific vocabulary!
“A lot of thought and effort clearly went into this resource. Thank you, it was exactly what I was looking for and then more besides! Really clear and practical displays and printables for the children to work with. Thank you!”
Happy playful learning!