Dramatic Play is a great way to develop oral language skills, cooperation, content vocabulary and social skills with your little learners!
Use this packet to set up a Cupcake Shop dramatic play space in your home or classroom. It doesn’t need to cost a lot of money, in fact you probably have a lot of resources in your cupboard ready to go. Make a batch of play dough with my no-cook recipe and collect some candles, buttons, beads and silicone cupcake moulds and you’re good to go!
In order to save you some time preparing signs, labels and printables for your imaginative play, I’ve created a bunch of wonderful printables ready to use in your Cupcake Shop themed role-play area!
Included in this packet:
- Several pages of set up inspiration!
- Suggested materials to collect
- ‘Cupcakes’ bunting to hang in your shop
- 2 x Welcome to the Cupcake Shop’ signs with photos
- Open and Closed signs
- Opening Hours sign (with a blank version to set your own hours)
- Today’s Chef/s signs
- ‘Wait to be served’ sign
- ‘Please pay here’ sign
- ‘Staff Only’ sign
- Apron and chef hat signs
- Large labels for smaller set ups (cupcakes, muffins, cakes, pastries, drinks, aprons & hats, baking tools, ingredients, decorations, menus)
- Smaller labels for larger classroom set ups (cupcakes, muffins, cakes, pastries, drinks)
- Smaller labels for extended equipment set up (aprons, muffin tray, cupcake liners, mixing bowl, wooden spoon, whisk, oven, cash register, candles, toppings, sprinkles, plates, paper bags, boxes, menus, cards, tongs, phone)
- Today’s Special and Today’s Specials signs
- Specials cards with dollar signs and blank signs for other currencies
- Large A4 sized menu with prices and blank version for other currencies
- Blank tags for making your own price tags
- Colour and B&W gift tags to add to cupcake orders
- ‘How to Make Dough’ recipe cards + instruction card
- Cupcake Punch Card
- Job tags (Cashier, Baker, Decorator, Customer, Delivery Person)
- Recipe book cover
- Recipe book black line masters
- Play Dough Cupcakes recipe card
- Customer Orders cover
- Black line master for customer orders
- Several different cupcake order forms suitable for 3 year olds up to age 6
- Cupcake receipt
All labels and signs include both AUS and US spelling and vocabulary where applicable. Signs are designed to suit currencies that use $ though blank versions are now also included for other currencies.
Your little learners will develop fine motor skills as they create play dough cupcakes to sell in their store. They’ll develop their one-to-one correspondence as they count candles and toppings for their cupcakes. Your preschooler will also develop an understanding of money as they take customer orders. There are so many opportunities for play-based learning with this pack!
As your little learners explore their Cupcake Shop, they’ll also develop early reading and writing skills. They will begin to recognise familiar words and extend their vocabulary as they become familiar with the labels. The customer order forms are a wonderful way to encourage pre-writing!
Play-based learning is full of opportunities to learn and explore!
Inside the packet, you’ll find a list of suggested materials and set up ideas so all you need to do is print and go – the hard work has been done for you.
Happy playful learning!
Please note that this is a DIGITAL product and that no physical product will be delivered. You will be able to download the PDF files at any time by logging into your account after purchase.