So your little learner has shown an interest in butterflies and caterpillars, but you’re not sure where to begin or how to come up with age-appropriate ideas to explore life cycles together. Grab the Butterfly Life Cycle Mini Unit and support your child on their scientific discovery!
- Perfect for homeschooling families, parents of curious little learners, classroom teachers and family daycare educators alike!
- 80+ pages of hands-on activities and printables designed by an early years teacher (that’s me!) to support your preschooler or kindergartner as they begin exploring butterflies and their life cycles.
- Support fine motor skills, early numeracy understandings and literacy skills
Up level the experience by ordering a Monarch Butterfly Kit online (Insect Lore US | Butterfly Adventure’s Australia) so you can observe their life cycle in real time, together. You’ll never forget the wonder and excitement on your child’s face as your caterpillars grow and begin their metamorphosis journey! Pair your exploration with this Butterfly Life Cycle Mini Unit resource to create the ultimate learning experience you and your little learner will talk about for years to come!
What’s inside the pack?
- Simple, easy to follow instructions with suggested materials (using what you’ve got around your home!) plus set up photos so you can get going, fast!
- Printables for developing early literacy skills including vocabulary cards + fact cards; caterpillar observation printables; label the butterfly printable; butterfly life cycle poster; butterfly fact mini book; butterfly life cycle crown.
- Activities for developing fine motor skills including butterfly life cycle play dough mats; play dough butterfly invitation; two-part butterfly puzzles.
- Numeracy centres exploring number sense with a fun butterfly theme including butterfly counting flowers (0-20) and matching printables; butterfly addition game with pom poms; butterfly number jar game; butterfly spot counting peg cards.
- Process art invitations; small world play; nature butterflies.
Before you know it, your little learner will be an expert at all things butterflies and life cycles thanks to the hands-on activities you’ll enjoy using this pack!
This pack of butterfly life cycle activities for kids is designed to save you time, whether you’re a classroom teacher, family daycare educator or a parent looking for engaging ways to help your child explore early scientific understandings. You’ll love having everything planned ready for you to get stuck right into the playful learning and memory making with your little learners. Use the resources at home 1:1 with your child or in a classroom or family daycare setting for small group activities, numeracy centres, independent work or homeschooling!
Love this resource? Check out our other science resources below!
👉🏻 Frog Life Cycle Mini Unit
👉🏻 Honey Bee Life Cycle Mini Unit
👉🏻 Living Things Science Unit
👉🏻 Animal Movement Science Pack
✨ We love seeing how you use our resources! Don’t forget to tag us at @littlelifelonglearners over on Instagram! ✨
Copyright © Little Lifelong Learners® PTY LTD
Please note our resources are all digital downloads which means you’ll get instant access after you checkout – HOORAY! 🎉 After completing your purchase, jump on over to your account to access all your printables!
There are no reviews yet.