Use this packet to set up an inviting Australian Wildlife Hospital Dramatic Play space in your imaginative play area. Dramatic Play and play-based learning is a great way for your preschool and kindergarten students to develop oral language skills, cooperation, content vocabulary and social skills.
You’ll find areas for a wildlife hospital or vet clinic as well as signs and resources for a Rehabilitation Center and Rescue Center with both US and UK spelling. These sets are designed to save you time preparing signs, labels and printables for your imaginative play area, they are all ready for you to print, laminate and display. All you need to do is add some props!
Included in this packet:
- Resources to collect list
- ‘Setting up for play’ inspiration and tips including photos and easy hacks
- 2 x ‘Welcome to the Wildlife Hospital’ sign
- ‘Open’ and ‘Closed’ signs
- Opening hours sign including one blank version for filling in your own times
- ‘Meet your Vet’ and ‘Today’s Vet’ signs
- Signs for various spaces including ‘Recovery room’ ‘Exam room’ ‘Rescue Centre’ ‘Waiting room’ ‘Rehabilitation Centre’ signs
- 23 equipment / material labels for typical veterinarian tools (including thermometers, stethoscopes, syringes, bandages, droppers, tweezers, measuring cups, tongue depressors, heart rate monitor, scissors, IV bag, cotton tips and balls, medicine, x-ray machine, measuring tape, scales, gloves, coats, masks, ID bracelets, bottles, food, x-rays)
- 6 larger labels including tools; medicine; caps, masks & gloves; food; blankets; animal records
- ID passes in two sizes (Veterinarian, Vet Nurse, Wildlife Rescue, Carer, Receptionist)
- Medicine labels
- ID bracelets for animals
- 20 x Animal labels including wombat, kookaburra, emu, koala, dingo, platypus, echidna, kangaroo, quokka, bandicoot, Tasmanian devil, python, tree frog, sea turtle, cockatoo, possum, swan, crocodile, lizard, fruit bat,
- 20 x ‘Meet our …’ labels for the same animals with space to write their name, age and their treatment plan
- Vet Checklist
- ‘Animal Records’ and ‘Appointment Book’ covers (designed to be glued to the front of a manila folder)
- ‘Animal Record’ labels for attaching to individual records
- ‘Patient Appointments’ pages
- Animal Record printables – one with space to write the symptoms and another with a checklist of daily jobs
- Animal Record printables for each Australian animal with arrows pointing to each body part to be checked as well as their diagnosis and a treatment plan checklist
- ‘Daily Check-Up Log’ printable to add to the Animal Record folder
All labels and signs include both AUS and US spelling where applicable.
Your little learners will love extending their vocabulary as they role-play in your Australian wildlife hospital centre. As they play, they’ll be developing their oral language skills, their vocabulary and how to problem solve as they play with their peers.
They’ll develop fine motor skills as they fill in the various animal reports and forms. Your preschoolers and kindergarten students will begin to recognise familiar words and extend their vocabulary as they engage with the signs and labels. There are several printables included to encourage pre-writers and early writers to have a go at writing!
There are so many opportunities for play-based learning with this pack of 69 pages of dramatic play fun ready to transform your Australian Wildlife Hospital Dramatic Play Center!
Love this resource? Check out our Dramatic Play bundles below!
👉🏻 Vet Clinic Dramatic Play printables
👉🏻 Dramatic Play Bundle 1
👉🏻 Zoo Dramatic Play printables
👉🏻 Aquarium Dramatic Play printables
✨ We love seeing how you use our resources! Don’t forget to tag us at @littlelifelonglearners over on Instagram! ✨
Copyright © Little Lifelong Learners® PTY LTD
Please note our resources are all digital downloads which means you’ll get instant access after you checkout – HOORAY! 🎉 After completing your purchase, jump on over to your account to access all your printables!
There are no reviews yet.