Dramatic Play and play-based learning is a great way for your preschool and kindergarten students to develop oral language skills, cooperation, content vocabulary and social skills.
Use this packet to set up an inviting Aquarium Dramatic Play space in your imaginative play area. You’ll find areas for a typical aquarium as well as signs and resources for a Rehabilitation Center, Research Center, and Rescue Center with both US and UK spelling and vocabulary for starfish/sea star and jellyfish/sea jelly. These sets are designed to save you time preparing signs, labels and printables for your imaginative play area, they are all ready for you to print, laminate and display. All you need to do is add some props!
Included in this packet:
- 3 x ‘Welcome to the Aquarium’ sign
- ‘Open’ and ‘Closed’ signs
- Opening hours sign including one blank version for filling in your own times
- Admission Prices sign including one blank version for filling in the prices with your own amounts!
- Admission Tickets
- Various signs for locations (Touch & Feel, Rehabilitation Centre, Rescue Centre, Research Centre, Reef Tunnel)
- Various information signs (please use gentle hands, what can you see and feel, please link up here for you ticket, etc)
- Animal experiences signs
- ID passes (Aquarist, Veterinarian, Assistant, Researcher, Scuba Diver)
- Various signs for animal food, care, checklists
- 24 x equipment / material labels
- Medicine labels
- Scales in both kg and lb
- 26 x Animal labels
- 20 x ‘Meet our …’ labels for a variety of marine animals
- Animal tags for a variety of marine animals, also includes blank ones
- Aquarist and Vet Checklists including one blank
- Visual Animal Reports coloured as well as black and white, also includes one blank
- Written animal reports
- Animal health records cover page (designed to be glued to the front of a manila folder
All labels and signs include both AUS and US spelling and vocabulary where applicable.
Your little learners will love extending their vocabulary as they role-play in your Aquarium Dramatic Play. As they play, they’ll be developing their oral language skills, their vocabulary and how to problem solve as they play with their peers.
They’ll develop fine motor skills as they fill in the various animal reports and forms. Your preschoolers and kindergarten students will begin to recognise familiar words and extend their vocabulary as they engage with the signs and labels. There are several printables included to encourage pre-writers and early writers to have a go at writing!
There are so many opportunities for play-based learning with this pack of 66 pages of dramatic play fun ready to transform your Aquarium Dramatic Play Center!
Love this resource? Check out our Dramatic Play bundles below!
✨ We love seeing how you use our resources! Don’t forget to tag us at @littlelifelonglearners over on Instagram! ✨
Copyright © Little Lifelong Learners® PTY LTD
Please note our resources are all digital downloads which means you’ll get instant access after you checkout – HOORAY! 🎉 After completing your purchase, jump on over to your account to access all your printables!