Do your little learners love to engage in imaginative play? They will love this Ice Cream Shop Dramatic Play center! It includes everything you need to set up an engaging space in your dramatic play corner!
Dramatic Play is a great way to develop oral language skills, cooperation, content vocabulary and social skills in your early childhood classroom! Inside this packet, you’ll find posters, labels, printable fill-in order sheets and more!
• Setting up for play inspiration
• Suggested materials to collect
• Instructions for making play ice cream
• Open and Closed signs
• 2 x ‘Welcome to the ice cream parlour’ signs
• ‘Opening times’ sign
• ‘Worker of the month’ sign with space for a photo
• 8 flavour labels (strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, mint choc chip, banana, choc chip, blueberry and peach)
• Labels for various utensils and materials (bowls, cones, scoops etc)
• Topping labels (sprinkles, nuts, choc chips, cherry, banana, sauce and cream)
• ‘Pick a flavour’ sign with AUS and US spelling AND matching flavour labels to create your own custom menu
• Price list for ice creams and toppings
• Large A4 menus with matching 6×4 inch sized menus for use in Ikea stand up frames
• Ice cream punch cards
• 2 x Ice cream shop role cards (scooper, cashier and customer)
• Order number cards
• Customer order forms (two variations for younger and older children)
• Ice cream receipt printable
• Ice cream shop vocabulary mat
Your little learners will develop early reading and writing skills as they play in the ice cream shop. They will begin to recognise familiar words such as the ice cream flavours and toppings as they become familiar with the labels.
For younger learners, you may wish to simplify and just pick 3-4 flavours and toppings. You can then create your own custom menu using the individual flavour cards found on pages 23 and 24.
Please note, both Australian and America spelling of the words flavour/flavor and parlour/parlor are included throughout this packet!