Do your little learners love to engage in imaginative play? They will love this Construction Site Dramatic Play center! It includes everything you need to set up an engaging space in your dramatic play area!
Imaginative Play is a great way to develop oral language skills, cooperation, content vocabulary and social skills in your early childhood classroom! Inside this packet, you’ll find posters, labels, printable fill-in building plans and more!
- Setting up for play inspiration
- Suggested materials to collect
- Construction Zone bunting
- Worker of the Week signs (boy and girl versions)
- Signs for the Project Manager, Sign-in desk and safety gear
- 27 small labels for tools, vehicles and safety clothing (safety vests, hammer, bulldozer etc)
- Danger and warning signs
- Under construction sign for your block or building area
- STOP and SLOW signs to make your own traffic sign
- Site safety rules sign
- Construction site worker ID – for your little learners to fill in themselves
- Two types of construction site role cards (site manager, builder, safety manager, truck driver)
- Job list/Project Book covers
- Black line masters for building plans, job lists, supply lists
- Two different sign-in sheets for beginning writers
- Large construction site sign
- Construction vehicles and construction tool vocabulary mats
Your little learners will develop early reading and writing skills as they play in the construction site! They will begin to recognise familiar words such as the different construction tools and safety materials as they become familiar with the labels.
Collect pieces of wood and real nails and hammers to really ignite the imagination of your little learners! You can also use items you already have such as wooden building blocks and toy tools.
This packet includes a list of suggested materials and set up ideas so all you need to do is print and go – the hard work has been done for you!
Please note, both Australian and America spelling of the words authorised/authorized are included in this packet!