Explore Australian animals with this exciting mini unit written especially for toddlers and preschoolers! Your little learners will love creating a paper plate koala and putting together simp;e animal puzzles!
After receiving a special request for Australian resources for a family daycare educator, I put together this packet full of printables and activity ideas for our youngest children! This packet is perfect for early learners and includes lots of different materials and ideas for developing early skills like sorting, cutting, matching and counting!
- Instructions for setting up a discovery table
- Vocabulary cards for 19 different Australian animals
- Matching animal cards with photographs with ideas for different games!
- How to set up an Australian animal sensory tray
- Creating nature sensory bottles with native plants
- Koala paper plate craft with printables
- Extra playful ideas for learning with matching templates and printables
- Ten frames with and without dots for early learners
- Two pre-writing printables for developing fine motor skills required for writing
- Two-part puzzles with real photographs
- Five-part puzzles with numbers for early numeral recognition
- Pre-reader featuring “I am a ___” sentences for early readers
- ‘Australian Animals’ bunting
This packet includes both a Queensland Beginners Font and standard Elementary Font!
Happy teaching and learning!